Triumphs - A Personal Essay Collection
What obstacle has your positive attitude helped you overcome? What have you accomplished despite your disability and its challenges? Inspire us! We want to learn about your proudest moment(s). Give us your most compelling true story, and if we deem it the strongest essay of the month, we’ll give you the platform and the audience you deserve.
Hire Disability Solutions is pleased to announce the launch of its new online journal, "Triumphs". "Triumphs", a personal essay collection, will celebrate the triumphant and persevering spirit that is unique to persons with disabilities and the individuals and or organizations that provide support to them. Submissions for "Triumphs" are currently being accepted.
Writers of the essays that are chosen for inclusion into "Triumphs" will be awarded a $100 American Express Gift Cheque and will have their stories featured on www.hireds.com in addition to other media, including print and partner websites. With the winning author’s approval, a short bio and photo may accompany the winning essay.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
- Essays should be written first person narrative.
- Essays should highlight the achievements of persons with a disability, and the individuals and or organizations that provide support to them.
- Essays will be chosen based on content and will be edited prior to publishing. Therefore, while we would like you to present as polished an essay as possible, we are more interested in hearing your success story than in determining how good of a writer you are.
- Deadline for submissions are the 15th of each month. "Triumphs" will be launched and essays posted on approximately the 1st of the following month.
- One winner will be chosen each month, however all non-winning submissions may be considered for subsequent use.
To submit your essay, please submit the following form (only files of type .doc and .pdf are accepted):
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-238-5373.