The Training and Development division of Hire Disability Solutions provides a number of different trainings to help increase accessibility and employment opportunities. The following is a sample of the trainings that we provide.
* Please note, we are also happy to work with you to develop customized training programs specifically designed for your individualized needs.
Trainings are aimed to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and drive performance of their staff including:
- Job Development Training
- Disability Etiquette
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Creating an Accessible Workplace Environment
- The use of Assistive Technology to Overcome Barriers
Prevocational Skills Training:
Trainings given by Hire Disability Solutions can be targeted to job seekers, or can be offered as a train the trainer to build upon the skills of your organization's current career development staff.
Tools and tips for securing employment
- Looking for a job- Where the Jobs are
- Resume writing - Including how to account for employment gaps
- Writing a cover letter
Prevocational workshops/social skills
- Interview skills
- Phone etiquette
- Getting along with others
Information for the jobseeker with a disability
- Disclosure Decisions
- Rights- learning to advocate for yourself
- Overcoming barriers through accommodations and the use of assistive technology
- Understanding Benefits
To learn more about the Training and Development division of Hire Disability Solutions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-238-5373.